During these troubled times, we wanted to put together some of our favorite resources to help you grow in your faith and fight fear, as well as support you with practical needs you might have. Below, you'll find all sorts of resources to support you and help pass the time!
New Anthem Events & Resources
Now more than ever, our goal is to create more opportunities to engage and connect with you digitally.
• We will have 9AM & 11AM services streaming every Sunday, here on our website, on Facebook, and on YouTube, where you can both view the service and interact with our team.
• We will have our children's ministry curriculum on our site in conjunction with the livestream every week!
• We are intentionally creating opportunities to connect and be encouraged throughout the week. These include live nights of worship, live prayer sessions, and encouraging thoughts and verses daily.
• We have a Spotify account where we have created playlists for all sorts of moods, we have published our preservice playlist so you can feel a little more like you're at church, and we have a playlist of some of our staff's favorite songs!
• Small groups will continue to meet; however, they are all taking place via Zoom, a video calling service. If you have yet to join a small group, please head over here to find a group that's meeting at a time that works best for you.
We know many families are struggling with food resources currently and there are many options available in our community to help with this. This information will continue to be updated as we confirm other options available. Here are just a few that we have received information directly from:
• Trinity Utica, 45160 Van Dyke Ave, Utica, MI 48317, is providing free to-go lunches Wednesdays & Fridays between 11:30am - 2:00pm and Sundays between 1:00pm - 3:00 pm. Please enter the main lobby on the north side of the building.
Now is a great time to go deeper in your faith by starting a new Bible plan or hearing Scripture in a new way! Here are some of our favorite apps!
This is the most widely-used Bible app in the world! There are tons of Bible plans and resources available on this app, and it is completely free. We will be sharing plans that we like on here, and reading through some of them together, so check out New Anthem's Bible App profile here!
If you're someone who prefers to hear the Bible being read, this might be the app for you! This app is normally paid, but in light of the current coronavirus situation, Dwell has given members of our congregation free access to it until May 21! If you would like to take advantage of this, please follow the link here.
If you like rap and spoken word, this would be a great new way for you to hear Scripture! It is free and has the entire New Testament read like a spoken word, as well as other resources like teaching videos and Christian music videos. You can find that here.
Here are some other resources from other churches and ministries that we love!
Churchome is a church on the West Coast. They were one of the first churches to move completely online during this crisis. Their app offers regular livestreams, daily guided prayers, devotionals, a 24/7 team of pastors to pray with, and a 24/7 chat with other believers. You can find that here.
Here's a list of some of our staff's favorite books. Some are very relevant to the current crisis, and some are just good reads to help you deepen your faith while you may have some extra time. We have also included the Amazon links to help you easily find paper and digital copies of these books.
The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis - Buy the book here.
Crazy Love by Francis Chan - Buy the book here.
Greater by Stephen Furtick - Buy the book here.
Jesus Is: Find a New Way to Be Human by Judah Smith - Buy the book here.
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis - Buy the book here.
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis - Buy the book here.
In addition to the curriculum we will be posting for Sunday mornings, here are some other resources to share with your kids during this time.
Parent Cue gives great resources to connect with your kids through videos, Bible verses, and conversations throughout the week! Download it here.
Please be sure to check back on this page regularly, as we will be adding more resources as they become available to us! If you need help, prayer, or would like to connect with us, please head over here to send us an email and our staff will get back to you as soon as possible.